An athlete must display outstanding sportsmanlike conduct in all contest. Win or lose, her/her behavior must be such as to bring honor and credit to Imperial High School at all times. This means maintaining high ideals, positive attitudes, and maintaining school traditions. Included in their expectations are respect and obedience to the C.I.F. regulations as administered by coaches, officials, referees, and judges. Following directions, cooperation, and showing respect to the leadership of those in charge is expected. All athletes must travel in the school vehicles unless prior written authorization is obtained and approved by the administration.
Students who wish to participate in athletics must adhere to the following:
- Enrolled in four (4) classes, excluding work experience
- MUST maintain a 2.0 GPA as computed by the counselor
- Pass a physical examination (one per school year)
- Purchase medical insurance, either from the school or be on a private insurance policy
- Attend school the day of the event, unless excused by administration
- Must make up all class work and assignments missed due to an athletic event
- Clear all detention
- Clear all outstanding bills owed to the school
- Furnish personal equipment, i.e. socks, shoes, gloves, etc.
- ALL athletes must adhere to the C.I.F. Code of Ethics and IHS Athletic policies
Further explanation of the eligibility policy can be obtained from the athletic director or administration.
Imperial High School has a long tradition of athletic excellence. The image of the total school program is reflected in the activities and participants. The following sports are offered:
- Cross Country
- Track and Field